May 20, 2015

Let's Discuss: When You Just Aren't Feeling an ARC

In the past 2 weeks, I have DNFed more ARCs than I want to admit.
It feels awful. I can't even begin to imagine the time and effort that go into writing a book, only for some readers to not even finish the ARC you kindly provided them, for free!!


The thing is, as readers, we all know the struggle of always having too many books than we could ever possibly read. Our TBRs are ever-growing and the saying "too many books, too little time" has become very real.

So why waste time on something we don't enjoy?

I almost don't want to accept any more email review requests. My ARC struggles on NetGalley aren't nearly so bad because I can be really picky if I have to. I can judge a book by its cover. I can skip over a book if the synopsis doesn't sound particularly enticing. With email requests, I feel like a mean person if I don't accept a book for review.


The problem is, I've accepted almost everything that's fit into my list of favorite genres. Even the ones with covers that make me cringe. Even the ones with book summaries that sound just ok. Unenjoyable ARCs and the pressure to review them have killed my mood for reading, but I can only blame myself.

From now on, it's over!


I'm only reading what I enjoy!



How about you guys?
How do you deal with your ARC struggles?

No comments:

Post a Comment