April 10, 2015

Review: Saving Quinton (Nova #2) by Jessica Sorensen

Publish Date: February 4th, 2014
Publisher: Grand Central Publishing
Rating: 4 / 5
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes & Noble

I purchased a copy from Amazon.

Blurb:
Nova Reed can't forget him-Quinton Carter, the boy with the honey-brown eyes who made her realize she deserved more than an empty life. His pain was so similar to her own. But Nova has been coming to terms with her past and healing, while Quinton is out there somewhere, sinking deeper. She's determined to find him and help him...before it's too late.

Nova has haunted his dreams for nearly a year-but Quinton never thought a sweet, kind person like her would care enough about a person like him. To Quinton, a dark, dangerous life is exactly what he deserves. And Nova has no place in it. But Nova has followed him to Las Vegas, and now he must do whatever it takes to keep her away, to maintain his self-imposed punishment for the unforgivable things he's done. But there's one flaw in his plan: Nova isn't going anywhere...


First Thoughts

This book devastated me. I hate knowing that there are people in this world who suffer from an addiction to drugs. I hate knowing that the drugs slowly consume their lives until little else matters. I hate knowing that they live in filth and garbage. I hate knowing that they lie and steal to feed their habit.

I hated watching Quinton progress from smoking weed to snorting crystal meth to injecting heroin. It absolutely distressed me to see him this way. I wanted to help Nova save him. What the hell, Jessica Sorensen?



What I Enjoyed

Being emotionally wrecked, AGAIN. Last year, I read Breaking Nova. It ruined me. I couldn't read anything else. I couldn't stop thinking about Quinton and Nova. It put me in a slump for months. Saving Quinton isn't any different. I'm terrified of reading No Regrets. I tried starting something else, but I can't. I can only think of Quinton and wonder what happens next for him.

The realism. This book is the sad truth of how some people live. I felt like I was peering into the deepest depths of hell. Gosh--Quinton, Tristan, and Delilah--I wanted to save them all from their world of drugs, but what Nova experienced is accurate. Some people just don't want to be saved.

Quinton Carter. I just can't not like him. He's disgusting, he's given up on himself, and drugs are his first priority-- still, every now and then you get a glimpse of the intelligent, caring guy he used to be. I want him to beat this.


Memorable Quote

“I hate when people don’t say good-bye, yet it happens all the time and sometimes I don’t see them ever again.”


Recommended For

I'd be careful with this one. It's not for everyone. The drug abuse is a major plotline and (through this book) you basically experience what life is like when someone is dangerously addicted to hardcore drugs.


4 asterisks


No comments:

Post a Comment